The status of a UAE resident (not to speak about citizen) is very prestigious in the present-day world. And while UAE citizenship is almost impossible to get, you can still obtain a residence visa for yourself and your family by making investments in the country’s economy. You can start a company in the UAE (and take advantage of its business-friendly environment, low taxes, and free economic zones) – or buy luxury real estate to live or rent out.
If you have never collected detailed information about UAE residence permits or living, we would like to invite you to our portal called International Wealth to read more about getting a UAE Residence Visa. We write up-to-date articles about international business, citizenship-by-investment and residence-by-investment programs, and investments all over the world. You are sure to find something interesting in our extensive knowledge base of articles!
We also have experts who will give you all the information you need, analyze your situation, help you make the right choice, give recommendations, and offer the services you may need. Book an initial session for free! We also have service packages that will help you obtain a bank account, a company, or a second passport on a turnkey basis with your minimum involvement: all you will have to do is collect the documents according to our recommendations. Feel free to contact us now!
UAE Residence Visa: Advantages
Here are some aspects that people seeking UAE residence find especially valuable:
- A wider range of banking services (the possibility to set up a personal account, obtain a loan, or use a mortgage, and so on)
- You will have the right to enter 175 countries without a visa
- Your children will have access to high-quality secondary/higher education
- Residence visa holders can obtain a driver’s license in the UAE
- Finally, a UAE residence visa entitles you to high-quality medical services in the UAE
Obtaining a Residence Visa is possible through investments in the country’s real estate or by starting a business. Let’s consider each opportunity in more detail.
Company Incorporation to Obtain a Residence Visa
This opportunity is very popular as it gives you the advantage of living in a thriving jurisdiction and conducting your business in a really stimulating environment.
Let’s look at the essential aspects:
- Get an Emirates ID to automatically receive a commercial license
- You will be able to obtain the residence visa for all of your family members
- You will need to start a company with a minimum authorized capital of AED 72,000
- The residence visa provided to business owners remains valid for 3 years (with a possibility of renewal)
- The visa will give numerous benefits to your business
- To be eligible, start your company in the mainland Emirates or one of the free economic zones
Investment in UAE Real Estate to Obtain a Residence Visa
The real estate market is one of the most dynamically developing industries in the Emirates, and non-residents invested twice as much as they did in London in 2022. Take into consideration, however, that investment in real estate does not automatically make you eligible for a residence visa.
You will need to invest at least AED 1 million to qualify and pay some additional expenses:
- Medical certificate to certify the state of your health (AED 700)
- Receiving an Emirates ID (AED 1,153)
- Residence permit renewal (2,706.75 AED)
- Registration with Dubai Land Department (AED 4,020)
- Administrative fees (AED 1,155)
Here are some advantages for those seeking to get a residence visa through real estate investments:
- Affordable investments in real estate
- You are not limited by age
- You are eligible for a residence visa even if you are a joint real estate owner
Golden Visa Program
In October 2022, the program was modified to rely on more relaxed terms, so more candidates can qualify now. The visa is valid for 10 years.
Here are the main details to take into account:
- You cannot get a Golden Visa for more than 10 years
- If you get approval, you will be entitled to all the benefits available to the resident with an Emirates ID
- The Golden Visa program gives you the right to obtain a Dubai residence visa if you invest at least AED 2 million in real estate
- If you want to purchase real estate in the UAE to become an Emirates ID holder, you will be able to get a bank loan (limitations exist, though: please contact our specialists for more details)
Alternative Options in Brief
Let’s look at several other opportunities to obtain a residence visa that exist in the UAE.
Green Residence Visa
Freelancers, talents, highly-skilled specialists, investors, and entrepreneurs can qualify (by providing different lists of documents for each category). The visa is valid for 5 years, and a potential holder is required to have at least a Bachelor’s degree and a stable income of no less than AED 15,000 a month (for highly skilled specialists) or AED 360,000 a year (for freelancers).
Retiree Residence Visa
The visa is valid for 5 years and can be renewed. The candidate is required to have a stable income of at least AED 20,000 a month (proof required), possess personal savings amounting to no less than AED 1 million (with bank proof), and own real estate in the UAE that costs at least AED 2 million.
Remote Worker Residence Visa
This visa is mostly addressed to business owners and highly qualified specialists, and they have the right to bring their family members with them. They are required to get at least AED 18,300 (USD 5,000) a month and have a one-year employment contract (for employees). The company owners will have to confirm the fact of company ownership and conducting real business for no less than one year.
Work Residence Visa
This requires a sponsor (a licensed organization registered in the Emirates). You need to have a valid employment contract with the company that is incorporated or officially present in the UAE. This type of visa will be valid for 1-2 years.
Interested in living in a prosperous country with an excellent infrastructure that offers a lot of perks to its residents? Follow the above link to read more or book a session with our experts to get more information about different options. We will offer you hassle-free packages that will help you become a resident of the UAE without much effort. Click on the link – we are online now!